“Pegasus Mortgage & Financial Solutions, FSCO License # 11479” hereinafter referred to as PMFS is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of the personal information of our client(s). As a Mortgage Brokerage, licensed in the Province of Ontario, we have a professional obligation to maintain, in confidence, all information we receive within our role in providing mortgage financing to our client(s).
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect information through our Mortgage Loan Application process provided by you, our client(s). You can apply either:
- On-line via our website at www.pegasuslending.com
- Via facsimile at 416-644-0663
- In person at 1457 McCowan Rd Suite 202, Toronto ON M1S5K7
We want you to understand what personal information about you is collected through the Mortgage Loan Application process, provided by you, our client(s). The information provided, no matter what the format, includes but is not limited to:
- Your name(s)
- Social Insurance Number(s)
- Telephone number(s)
- Email address(s)
- Assets and Liabilities
- And other pertinent information as disclosed on our Application Form
With the Client’s consent, we may also obtain information directly from a third party to help us determine your eligibility for various financial products and services. For credit matters, for example it is essential that we know your financial worth as well as your credit record. We will also contact other lenders, financial institutions, credit bureau agencies and employers. Your consent is therefore important because without it, we will not be able to carry out the appropriate inquiries to ensure proper financing is provided to you. In most cases, your consent is given on the forms used for specific purposes or from time to time, may be provided on a separate form.
We need this information about you so we can:
- Understand your particular needs
- Analyze the suitability of our many products or services, which best suits your needs
- Determine your eligibility for our products and services offered
- Meet our legal and regulatory requirements
Note: We may ask you for your Social Insurance Number to use in verifying and reporting credit information to credit bureau agencies. You may refuse to consent to its use or disclosure for these purposes. We will require; however, you’re Social Insurance Number for income tax reporting purposes, where necessary.
Our goal is to maintain your trust and confidence when handling personal information about you.
Personal Information We Collect and May Disclose:
The personal information we may collect about you comes from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you, such as your name, address, telephone number and other information you provide in your application, as previously mentioned.
- Information about your income from your employer and/or from Revenue Canada (personal income tax situation) — Notice of Assessments “NOA’s, and all other Government Agencies such as GST or Retail Sales Tax.
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies and other sources, such as your credit bureau reports and other information relating to your credit worthiness.
We do offer a mortgage insurance product with our mortgage service. You can either accept or waive this mortgage insurance at your own discretion. Should you accept the insurance certain health questions will have to be answered and forwarded to the Insurance Company for their review. Understand we use the same privacy policies in any health question, as we would in any other personal or confidential information provided by you. Should you not wish to answer these questions, you can either waive the insurance or we can let you deal directly with the Insurance Company, so your private health concerns are directly between you and the Insurance Company.
Use And Disclosure of Personal Information
We use Client(s) personal information to provide mortgage financing and other such services to our client(s) and to maintain our database for our own direct marketing purposes. We do not sell our mailing lists to any other non-financial company or individual(s) such as direct marketing firms other than to send you our own solicitation from time to time.
Under certain circumstances we will disclose a client(s) personal information to third parties:
- As required or authorized by law;
- As consented to by Client(s) by way of a disclosure;
- When mortgage services require a Client(s) personal information be given to a third party (such as a Real Estate Agent). The Client(s) consent will be implied, unless the Client provides written authorization otherwise;
- The protection of public interests such as the denouncement of criminal activity such as fraud or money laundering. In all cases authorities are contacted and personal information may be disclosed;
- Should PMFS retain law firm(s) to act on our behalf for any reason;
- If the information is already publicly know.
Retention of Personal Information
Personal information is not used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected, except with the consent of the Client(s) or as otherwise permitted by law.
PMFS will retain personal information for as long as is required by the Financial Services Commission of Ontario or any other governing regulatory bodies and/or legal requirements.
PMFS will ensure that a Client(s) personal information is as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it was intended.
Security of Information/Safeguards
The security of personal information about you is our priority. We protect this information by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that meet applicable laws. All of our employees and/or representatives of PMFS have been trained in the proper handling of personal information. When we use other companies to provide services for us, we require them to protect the confidentiality of personal information they receive.
Accountability, Openness and Client Access
This policy advises you how we collect, handle, and disclose personal information about you. If you want to limit our disclosing this information, or if you have any questions or concerns please advice us by contacting our Privacy Officer at email@example.com
Our Client(s) may withdraw their consent by written notice to us at any time, subject to any legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. A Client(s) refusal to provide, or subsequent withdrawal of his or her consent may affect PMFS’s ability to provide the Client(s) with mortgage services.
PMFS will provide a Client(s) access to their personal information. They may correct or amend any inaccuracies in the Client(s) personal information. We reserve the right to refuse a request for access to personal information if:
- The information is protected by legal privilege;
- Granting access would reveal confidential commercial information;
- The information was collected for purposes related to the detention and prevention of fraud;
- The information was generated in the course of a formal dispute resolution process;
- The information would likely reveal personal information about another individual;
- The request is frivolous;
- The protection of our firm’s rights and property.
PMFS’s website www.pegasuslending.com
You can visit our website to find out about our products and services without giving us any personal information about you.
Our website may monitor site usage and traffic patterns and other related information in order to optimize our website service. We may provide information to third parties, but these statistics would not include and identifiable personal information.
We may change this notice from time to time. If we do, we will notify you as required by applicable law.
Last Revised: March 2014
Disclaimer: Any and all references mentioned herein to and about PMFS, refer only to Pegasus Mortgage & Financial Solutions,, Mortgage Brokerage Licence # 11479